MTN Mobile Money is a platform that allows users transfer, send and receive money with a mobile phone. This service is owned and operated by MTN and sponsored by GTBank. Mobile money services are becoming popular in Nigeria, South Africa Cameroon, Ghana and some other African countries. Hopefully, other countries will take part of this development.
With the MTN Mobile Money service, you can turn your mobile phone into an e-wallet. For example, if you own a registered MTN SIM that is compatible with Mobile Money, you can create an e-wallet on your mobile phone and transfer funds in it. You should learn how to transfer money from your bank to your MTN Mobile money wallet. After successfuly transferring money to your e-wallet, you can then pay for goods and services or transfer money to your friends and family with your mobile phone.
How MTN mobile money works
MTN moble money stores and secures funds in an electronic wallet (e-wallet) associated to an MTN mobile SIM and phone number.
Before sending funds to any recipient, check if they also have an MTN mobile money account or wallet where they will receive it. If they don’t, then they can provide their bank account details.
Before you can use MTN mobile money, you must first of all open an account by registering.
You can register MTN mobile money by yourself by visiting the official MTN mobile money website. On the website, click on ‛Register’ to open an account. But if you can’t do it yourself, then you can visit any MTN office or MTN mobile agent to assist you with the registration.
To transfer money or funds to your MTN mobile money account, you have to buy a scratch card for the MTN mobile money. To get the scratch card, visit any MTN centre or meet an MTN mobile money agent. The scratch card is also available at GTBank.
After transferring money to your MTN mobile money account, you can then transfer or send money to anyone in your country.
If you want to send money to someone outside your country or internationaly, then you should probably learn MTN mobile money international transfer.
Registering: How to open an MTN mobile money account
How to open an MTN mobile money account for all qualified countries including Nigeria and South Africa;
- Get your valid ID ( National ID card, driving license, NIN, passport) and your MTN SIM card.
- Meet an MTN MoMo agent or visit any MTN centre around you.
- Request for an MTN mobile money account.
- You will be given an MTN registration form to fill.
- Fill in the MTN registration form and submit.
- The MTN agent will then make your registered SIM to be compatible MTN mobile money by linking it to an e-wallet.
- You can start sending and receiving money after funding your account.
How to register and MTN mobile money account yourself
You can register or open an MTN mobile money yourself by doing the following;
- Visit the MTN mobile money official website on your phone.
- Click “register” at the top.
- Enter your username (which is your phone number).
- Enter your preferred mobile money pin.
- A one time password will be sent to you.
- Enter your password.
- Click continue.
How to transfer money from MTN mobile money
- Make sure your phone number is compatible with MTN mobile money.
- Dial *170# and send.
- Select “transfer to bank” which is number 1.
- List of banks will appear on the next page.
- Select your bank and.
- Enter the amount you would like to transfer.
- Enter your unique mobile money pin and confirm.
You can as well use this same step to send money to your mobile money account, your friends and family.